What a surprise it was when I clicked onto my blog and saw that iMac nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much! If you’re not familiar with her blog, go check it out! I love reading about her life, especially her adventures in college. She also nominated some bloggers that I love, so go check them out too! Again, thank you so much. ❤
So, what is the Liebster Award? The word “liebster” is German for “dearest” or “favorite”, and “the tag is used to spread the love awareness for the smaller bloggers in the community”. I’ve loved getting to know a few bloggers the past few months, and I’m so happy to be sharing them with you!
So, this is how it works…
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you’re nominating
My Random Facts:
- My favorite food is sweet potatoes.
- I loooooove drinking tea! (not coffee)
- My favorite color is orange
- I danced for 13 years (beginning at age 3)
- I love love love ice cream, even though I’m lactose intolerant!
- My favorite book is Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- When I graduate from college, I want to teach English in developing countries
- I start my first day as a college sophomore tomorrow
- My favorite hobby is sewing (my most recent project is a pair of pink overalls!)
- My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice (the 2005 version)
- My favorite number is 11
Answers to iMac’s questions:
- If you could spend the day with any blogger you’ve met on this site, who would it be?
This is so hard because there are so many great bloggers!
- Favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Either put on my cute rain jacket and boots and dance in the rain, or cozy up under a bunch of blankets and drink tea and read.
- Do you prefer cake or pie?
THEY’RE BOTH SO GOOD!!!! It probably depends on the type. If it’s my Great-Aunt Ruth’s pecan pie or my mom’s chocolate peanut butter pie, no cake can beat that. But if it’s my mom’s strawberry or chocolate cake, pie may take second place!
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
I love how it’s my own creative output that I can talk about whatever I want, and it’s purely about me (which rarely happen irl)
- Do you prefer mountains or the beach?
THE MOUNTAINS. I am born and (mostly) bred in the mountains, and I’m currently at college in the mountains, and have you seen mountain sunsets? They can’t be beat!
- If you could time travel, where (when?) would you go?
This is hard because I’m so happy living my current life, but I’m a huge fan of the 50s culture, so maybe I’d travel there for some dancing and fun outfits.
- What has been the stupidest thing you have purchased this far in your life?
This isn’t the stupidest thing I’ve purchased, but two days ago I applied to volunteer at a cat store, even though I’m allergic to cats. It all started with polite small talk and now I have orientation tomorrow! Probably the stupidest thing I’ve done recently.
- What’s your favorite type of cookie?
Oatmeal raisin cookies!!!! I know they’re not a huge favorite, but I have found few oatmeal raisin cookies that were a disappointment. They’re a classic and hard to mess up. (plus they’re healthy!)
- Who’s your best friend?
I don’t give any of my friends the “top” place on my friends list because I have so many best friends. I have best friends at home, best friends here at college, best friends at other colleges … God has blessed me good!
- Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak French! Definitely not fluent, but I can hold a conversation and read fairly well (my grammar is horrible though!)
- If you have travelled outside of your hometown, what is the first thing you notice about others?
The first thing I look at with people is their eyes. Eyes really are the windows to the soul, and I find it interesting just to look at what’s going on in their life. I love people so much. (Fun fact: I have a really hard time recognizing people with sunglasses on because I recognize people by their eyes and expression)
Here are my nominations! (in no particular order)
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- What are two things your are very thankful for?
- Would you rather go star gazing or have a movie night with friends?
- What are four things that make you happy?
- What’s one interesting fact about your family?
- Coolest thing you’ve done recently?
- What is one word you’re described as a lot?
- Have you visited any countries outside of your own? Which ones?
- What is one way you love others?
- Forest or city?
- What’s your favorite number and why?
I hope you enjoy checking out these blogs! For nominated bloggers, this is totally optional to participate, but it is a great way to expand your blogging community. Thanks again iMac for the nomination!
Who are some other bloggers I should check out?