I can’t imagine a better first semester: I found great friends, survived a huge milestone, changed my life for the better, and had the time of my life. Here are a few of my favorite memories.
As you’re reading this, I am heading back to school for my second semester at college. I’ve had a good break, but am ready to get back into a schedule and rock this coming semester just like I did my first semester! I can’t imagine a better first semester; I found great friends, survived a huge milestone, changed my life for the better, and had the time of my life. Here are ten of my first semester memories…
1) Missing home, friends, and family after the first day of college.
They kept playing “See You Again” in the dining halls that first week, and I kept crying into my cheerios.
2) Free t-shirts during Orientation Week.
“You get a t-shirt! You get a t-shirt! Everybody gets a t-shirt!”
3) My first time in the gym
“Um, excuse me, where’s the pool?”
4) Walking the drain tunnel under Memorial with my Intervarsity Small Group.
That was before I bought my rain boots … it took days for my sneakers to dry out. But totally worth it!
5) Soaking up sun on the Quad
It’s the perfect way to recharge my solar cells between classes.
6) When my roommate decided to roll off the top bunk.
No kidding, it looked almost exactly like this.
7) When campus flooded and some guys sailed a blow-up mattress through the floodwaters.
We made national news!
8) Trying to get my suite-mates to change the toilet paper.
They’d put it in the stall, but never on the toilet paper holder.
9) Those 2am breakdowns.
A breakdown may include any number of the following: crying, napping, procrastinating, playing Webkinz, sitting numbly while staring at homework, stress eating, walking around outside for three hours, etc.
10) My first and last all-nighter of finals week.
Once finals week was over, I slept like my life depended on it.
So there you go! Like I said, God blessed me good with such a great first semester and great friends. I’ve grown in so many ways and am excited for the future. I can’t wait to see how awesome second semester is!